Thread: Servers going offline

1. #1 Servers going offline 
    Team Fortress 2 Moderator
    Total Contributions For

[TF2]CyberFoxSt0rm     $ 0.00
    A day or two ago I noticed that 3 of the Unlimited Money MvM servers were down. The servers were [St0rm.Net][US] - 24/7 MvM |UNLIMITED CASH| Server #05, #03, and #01. Today when I got on, I checked my TF2 Favorites listing to see what servers were up, which I do nearly every time I log on. Today though, I noticed that [St0rm.Net][US] - 24/7 MvM |UNLIMITED CASH| Server #04 was also down. Just the day before, it was working fine and had a plenty of players.

Also noticed on the St0rm TF2 section that the server list isn't tracking the [St0rm.Net][US] - 24/7 MvM Server #03 or the two Halloween 2016 servers (which are kinda rogue anyway, they aren't VAC secured and I have never really seen anyone actually play on them).

Back to the Unlimited Money servers. So, either something is happening server-side to cause them to shut down or someone is slowly turning them off. Or you know, some other unknown reason.

Nothing much to do at this point except hope and wait.

UPDATE (3/20/17): The Surf server is down as well.
    Last edited by CyberFoxSt0rm; 03-20-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Total Contributions For

Update #2: MvM #2 and #4 are now offline. Wonderful...

Total Contributions For

Update #3: MvM #1 is now down.

St0rm.net Co-Owner
    Network Administrator
    Gaming Servers Manager
    Total Contributions For

FreakySt0rm     $ 0.00
    Hi guys and girls,

Sorry for my absence, work has been crazy! Valve released a major dedicated server update in March which has screwed up the servers. I've updated and re-configured the Trade server. Can you please try the server and let me know if there's any issues? Once I've confirmed all is well, I can update and re-configure the other servers.

Total Contributions For

Brawler109     $ 10.00
    Good to see you are back freaky! But do you know what caused the other servers to go down? All MvM, Unlimited MvM and the surf did go down. Was it due to a lack of server payment or something else?

Total Contributions For

I've been tracking the servers as they went down. I was told by someone that Wilo was giving up on St0rm, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Gotta make a short post because my shift starts in 4 minutes. I'll post later when I'm home.

Also, welcome back Freaky. It's good to see you again.

Total Contributions For

I was on the Trade server yesteray and it seemed perfectly fine. I'm on it right now and nothing seems to have changed.

Either nothing did change or the server just managed to update on its own and didn't experience any trouble from the Valve update. So far, I'd say all is well, but it wouldn't hurt to revive one of the other servers and test that one first before updating all the servers. That way if there is a problem, you only have one server to deal with and not 10+.